Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data/9/1/10/112/1499764/user/1613286/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 106
TimeLoopTheory Forum • View topic - CONSOLIDATED THREAD for who's still out there

CONSOLIDATED THREAD for who's still out there

Discuss anything about LOST

CONSOLIDATED THREAD for who's still out there

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi to everybody still out there. I figured I'd create a thread that we can all still use now that the place is rather deserted. This way you don't have to go very far to see who's here and not have your post lost among all the BOT threads. DON'T even click on bot threads...they just create more by your clicking to even look at them.

Bitch, rant, vent, praise, or whatever you want here....like the little woman says in Poltergeist....ALL ARE WELCOME. :lol: So....on with posting your thoughts....there are some of us still out here. No need to make dozens of threads for now....if this gets huge, we can create another...let's hope it does get huge.

My first official comment for this thread: CUSE AND LINDELOF....where are you? Still hiding? I have a fish for you! :twisted:
MIB is really your Little Buddy!
JFWilder

Re: CONSOLIDATED THREAD for who's still out there

Postby That John Locke! on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 pm

I still check the board regularly, but I hadn't posted much through season six. However, I do believe I have created in my mind an excellent picture of how all everything works in the show. Yes, I admit it wasn't planned, but I had fun figuring out how it COULD work. Did anyone do the same? After I did this, the finale became much more satisfying in some way. WE MUST KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE.
That John Locke!

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 am

This article was by DOC JENSEN at EW....a really good analysis after taking time off to reflect. It's a great read and just too long to post all of it here. Worth it. I'd like to see what everybody's opinions are on this...DOC was always good on reviews and has a number of good post-finale spots here too:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2031346 ... _3,00.html

He's also in favor of a HURLEY/BEN follow up...and if given his perspective on this, it could well be satisfying to all of us who otherwise weren't.
JFWilder

Postby That John Locke! on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Good article by Doc Jenson. This is very interesting stuff, and I look forward to seeing Part Two. It makes a lot of sense. He may be onto something ;)
That John Locke!

Postby thewhiterabbit on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:35 am

maybe at some point...but im sure
Spoiler:
"The New Man In Charge"
* will find its way to the interwebs.

* for those that dont know the title**
**Do I still need to use the tag?
If i could go back in time i would rewrite LOST...
thewhiterabbit

Postby JFWilder on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes...there will be about 20 minutes of added footage, though no revelations or new answers to those unanswered questions we still want to pound the sh*t out of Cuse and Lindelof over for leaving out.

This link goes to DARK UFO where there's a new teaser about what's going to happen. Enjoy! http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/06/mic ... an-in.html

As for me, I am still craving every little bit of LOST new information I can get. I hope Cuse and Lindelof come out of hiding soon.
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 am

I think I saw this somewhere else, so sorry if it's a repeat...but I think it would have been great as an explanation for WALT that he was actually Abaddon. That would solve why Ben would have wanted to shoot him, solved why he grew so damned tall (could have been easily explained as an effect of time-jumping or something like that) and that Walt disowned his father and sent him to the boat to redeem himself for what he thought was his evil acts.

I also think this would be a great part of whatever film they're probably working on while they're still hiding (Cuse & Lindelof). My fish is still waiting to smack them....oh boys.....where are you? :twisted:

Hey...how about a ROLE CALL? Who's still out there????
Attachments
Abaddon.jpg
Abaddon.jpg (10.38 KiB) Viewed 2915 times
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:54 am

In case you missed this, DOC JENSEN is still out there with MORE NEW RECAPS and great post-finale thoughts on LOST. It's a full 10-page review....so here's the link. Maybe someone can post the full doc and pictures? ;) I would but I'm a little busy at the moment.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2031346 ... 11,00.html

A GREAT READ. :) It is a little biased on the side of the producers and somewhat pandering to ABC's version that the ending was satisfactory (EW is being paid by ABC for promoting their DVD's). Even so, and even though I hated the ending, it adds a lot to what we did get and makes it a lot more pallatable. It doesn't answer everything, and it does seem like some of this was spoon fed to Doc from the producers...either that or Doc is a better writer than we give him credit for. If it's all Doc's writing, then he has a really good imagination and analytical ability. I really enjoy his articles and am looking forward to those he says are still coming in the next couple of weeks.

After reading them, I am more inclined to go out and rewatch...but I sold all my DVD's. :lol: I guess I should have donated them to the library so I could have gone and got them when I wanted!
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Hah...here it is..been looking for this one for awhile. First, a picture of two boneheads
aholes.jpg
aholes.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
. The 2nd, a picture borrowed from Monty Python's "Fish Slapping" skit.
Fish_Slapping.jpg
Fish_Slapping.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 2864 times

This is what should happen to the two boneheads....so who's up to it? I live too far from Hollywood or Hawaii to have any chance for this one. :lol:

Third picture....Pike Place Fish Market (Seattle)....the best place to get your fish!
Fishmongers_HiRes.jpg
Fishmongers_HiRes.jpg (248.72 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
JFWilder

Postby thewhiterabbit on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

can somebody else help me out. i cant seem to find the hurley podcast with desmond as the guest i thought it was here or dark... but i cant find it.i guess its kinda old now but still cant find it.
If i could go back in time i would rewrite LOST...
thewhiterabbit

Postby JFWilder on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Try this one:

http://www.jayandjack.com/2010/02/04/lo ... interview/

or this

http://the-odi.blogspot.com/2010/04/odi ... henry.html

or possibly this one.

http://blog.zap2it.com/lost/2010/05/tal ... harma.html

If not...do you remember what season? Subject? Lots of podcasts out there to choose from!
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Here's another link to yet another attempt at a conclusive theory to LOST. Too much to post, but worth a read anyway. Not taking the light as GOD for sure...so that's a good thing in some ways.

http://ericknowsitall.com/ultimate-lost-theory/
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:20 am

I don't agree with all of the details, but I like his explanation. His other post is pretty good, too:

http://ericknowsitall.com/lost-finale-r ... planation/

I'd have to agree with you there that I don't agree with everything in it. It's a pretty good theory and it doesn't pander to ABC's version they're pushing through Jeff (Doc) Jensen at Entertainment Weekly. :roll: I just don't get the connections and oddities like Juliette being Jack's ex wife in purgatory and why David came to be there among a whole load of other issues.

I really think there needs to be some TV history made by a total re-do of the last season. Never been done so immediately after a show, so why not do it? :!: :idea: I really think they need to admit they totally blew it, disavow the entire 6th season, and add a 7th season to pull things together fully and put the purgatory issue into the dustbin of bad tv writing and shows like Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. (boy am I dating myself with THAT one!)
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm

I found this "Pre-finale" article on Entertainment Weekly. Just looking at this made me bust out laughing! :lol:

I really thought that, though the concept presented :idea: was just done as a lark, if Lost had really done that, just imagine the aftermath it would have created. Wow.... :oops: Wouldn't you be red in the face? :evil: Angry?
lost4cash.JPG
lost4cash.JPG (14.64 KiB) Viewed 2729 times

Hopefully nobody is really considering this as a possibility. Anyway, here's the link and then the article copied below just in case the link ever broke:

http://popwatch.ew.com/category/tv-shows/lost/page/2/

You’ve invested six years of your life into this twist-o-rama drama called Lost, and you’ve been brimming with excitement, anxiety, theories, and burning questions. Now, just one day away from the series finale, you’re on the verge of witnessing mystery resolution and learning How It All Ends. But before you do, ponder this hypothetical question: What is that experience worth to you? Can you actually put a price on your curiosity? How much of your hard-earned (or inherited) dough would you be willing to part with to see the last episode of Lost — if that were the only way to see it?

In this scenario, let’s imagine that you’re not so angry that you’ve gotten to see every other episode for free, you would refuse to pay for it on principle. Your viewing experience could be in a movie theater or in your own home — in the words of a certain Island god, you have a choice. Because you’re paying, you do not have to suffer through commerical interruptions. And remember, this will be the only chance you’ll ever have to see it. No waiting for it to come out on DVD a few months later.

I posed this rather ridiculous question to a few of my EW colleagues. Doc Jensen said that he’d shell out $10,000 “as long as I could expense it.” Jason Averett claimed that he’d pony up a non-expensable $250. Dalton Ross insisted that he’d spend only $19.99. (Still, he pointed out that $19.99 “would be the most that I have ever paid to see any movie or TV show.”) As for me? Deeeeeeeeep exhale of consideration…. I know I’m in too deep to let a few Andrew Jacksons stand in the way of ultimate knowledge…. Calculating…. Calculating…. Oh, of course: It has to be… $108! (Now, what if there were an a la carte system, in which you could pay a smaller amount to get an answer to a specific mystery? Yeah, you’re right — too complicated.)

All right, PopWatchers, quickly pore over your financial records and then ask yourself: What is this finale experience worth to you in dollars?
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

I didn't read the categories yet, but think Michael Emerson should be due for a big one! What an actor!
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:46 am

We have a NAME for MIB. SAMUEL. :o
MIB Name.JPG
MIB Name.JPG (32.3 KiB) Viewed 2692 times

Now...here's what the official word is on this from a "Highly Placed Source" according to DARK UFO:

The Man in Black was always referred to in the scripts as "Man in Black," and it was never revealed in the scripts -- not even the finale. Damon and Carlton had to cast an actor to play the role, and when preparing the casting breakdown, they knew they had to include a name. They knew fans got the casting breakdowns, so they couldn't call him "Man in Black" because that would be a big red flag for fans and would reveal too much too early. So the name "Samuel" was used since it was only for the casting breakdown.

It’s unclear why production used "Samuel" as opposed to "Man in Black" for the chairback. Titus didn't know his character's name since he never was named, and he may have told someone in production the name used for the casting breakdown and sides. (The breakdown also listed him as a corporate raider, and that obviously isn't what his true job was.) But it was just a placeholder name and was never meant to his real name.
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:00 am

I just have to say I really relish that LOST didn't clean up as predicted at the Emmy Awards. The whiners Carlton and Damon reaped what they had sewn and have no need to complain about being snubbed.

In my view, they really pissed off enough people with that wretched finale that it reached all the way up to those who had the voting power. The snubs at the Emmy Awards is a great fish-slap and makes me truly joyful that those weasles aren't rewarded for their ultimate cop-out. HOORRAY!!! There is a god after all!!! :mrgreen:

I do somewhat feel sad for Nestor, but as a whole, this is vindication for all of us who really dispised what they did to an otherwise great show.
JFWilder

Postby That John Locke! on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Yeah, I got a lot of stuff from that theory...but many aspects I couldn't see what he meant at all...
That John Locke!

Postby That John Locke! on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Battlestar is worse, because it was dependent in the end on characters who were not important to us. The Lost finale was a beautiful piece of work, despite it's missing pieces. I was crying like a small child. In Battlestar, both plot and emotion were both nowhere to be seen.
That John Locke!

Postby That John Locke! on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:12 pm

So, I'm in the first series of the rebooted Doctor Who and LOVING IT. Anyone else watch?
That John Locke!

Postby JFWilder on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am

I'm not much into Dr. Who...now Red Dwarf...got to get that set of DVD's sometime.

New good theories on Dark UFO...here's a link, will try to post more as time allows-worth a read!!!

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/09/his ... .html#more :geek:
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am

Good to see there are still a few of us out there visiting. I will watch for your post! I still crave anything new for LOST.

After some time now, I am reconsidering watching the ending. I had hoped Doc Jensen would post his Part 3 of his Lost analysis by now before I did that, but the a-hole decided to cop out and not post it. :x I guess the pay check from ABC went away, so he's got no incentive to put it out any time soon now.

I didn't get a chance to see the new Hawaii Five-O....did anyone else? :?: I only caught clips of the premier, and haven't seen it since or even heard about it. Did it get canceled? I hope not. Is V coming back?

The Event royally sucks. Fringe is just plain dumb lately. Under Covers by JJ Abrams...there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll watch that. I really hate to say it, but I'm starting to watch Hell's Kitchen now that I've got nothing better to watch. :lol: I have been going over to Dark UFO...once in awhile (between stupid polls) they'll post some interesting updates.

As for my ultimate "comfort food" of things to watch...I guess I'll have to go re-watch It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (extended version) once again. :D
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm

I did catch the last episode of Fringe. It reminded me a lot of the "self contained" season 2 episodes, but teathered front and back end with Peter Bishop showing up to remind us that there's supposed to be some continuity. It seems they're doing that so they can show them out of sequence in syndication.

I still wonder what that bus episode (the gel stuff or whatever that was that killed them all) and all those early conspiracies had to do with what's going on now. Once they went "other world" I sort of lost interest and only catch it if it happens to be on when I flip channels. I don't intentionally seek it out now like I did with LOST.

Maybe I'll have to go back and rewatch a bit, but I really don't think I'd need to see most of Season 1 and 2 to really make any connections....or do I? I just remember that after LOST's pilot, I was like "WTF?" and didn't watch after episode 2. Then I picked it up on the second season and realized "what have I done?" :lol: I promptly watched all of Season 1 and never missed another one, even when traveling overseas (that was rather tricky since ABC's next-day broadcast online wasn't available there).

Maybe we should break off a specific FRINGE thread and not bury it in the off-topic stuff? I'd like to understand a bit more on this show and maybe get into it. It does beat The Event so far...and at least I don't have to learn all new characters...for what that's worth. I do like seeing Charlie again.

I still think they should cast Donna from That 70's Show in somewhere...she seems a ringer for Liv in overall look.
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 am

Wow Namaste...really good question as to good SCI-FI shows...suggest adding a thread for that question.

As for a "lark" type sci-fi, I thought Red Dwarf was funny, and many times very clever in what they did. When I get the cash, I"m buying the series. That captured my attention 100% when I could find a channel that carried it. I still will watch any version of the Star Trek series, except Deep Space 9....that was horrible. I'd like to hear some good suggestions too.

So far, nothing compares to LOST....that is LOST as it was pre-"Pen-ultimate Episode" and the finale. Now it turns my stomach to think what they did to it. I've actually cut down how much TV I watch now by at least 50% from when I watched Lost. It's sort of like I went through a bad break up and don't want anything to do with it any more. Except like many, would go back for a one-nighter once in awhile...and take anything new and exciting if it were offered. ;)

:mrgreen:
JFWilder

Postby JFWilder on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 pm

I really am getting back into the old time radio shows...CBS Radio Mystery Theater. One of my favories is "Identified Flying Objects"....really got me hooked...but this one is just a strange one...there's really a lot of other goodies out there - suggest a download to IPOD or burn to CD and take along on the commute.

http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com/templat ... %20Theater

Lots and lots of them out there.
JFWilder

Next

Return to LOST General Discussion