Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data/9/1/10/112/1499764/user/1613286/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 106
TimeLoopTheory Forum • View topic - LOST - Where are they now? Cast Member News

LOST - Where are they now? Cast Member News

Discuss anything about LOST

Jorge Garcia & Henry Ian Cusik updates

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Cusick1.jpg
Cusick1.jpg (49.61 KiB) Viewed 9683 times
CUSICK OUT - Former Lost star Henry Ian Cusick will not be returning for the second season of ABC's Scandal. The former "Lost" star's contract was not picked up, but the actor and showrunner Shonda Rhimes are parting on good terms. Meanwhile, Joshua Malina has been upped to series regular. Cusick played Stephen Finch on Scandal, a charming ladies man who used his (handsome) skill set as a member of Pope & Associates to obtain information for Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope.

While the character's backstory was featured here and there, he was not a large part of the first season's central storyline, which in addition to cases of the week featured the team working on a scandal connected to President Fitzgerald Grant (Tony Goldwyn).

The actor and showrunner Shonda Rhimes came to the mutual decision for him not to come back for the second year of the D.C.-set political fixer drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. Rhimes and Cusick's parting was described as an amicabile split.

alcatraz-premiere-jorge-garcia_240.jpg
alcatraz-premiere-jorge-garcia_240.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 9686 times

JORGE MOVES to CALIFORNICATION (guess Alcatraz is a goner)

Jorge Garcia will join the previously announced Maggie Grace in the new season of Showtime’s Californication...more of a LOST REUNION it seems.

Grace has signed to play Faith, a groupie who develops a relationship with Hank Moody (David Duchovny). Later, her fellow Lost costar Garcia will make an appearance in one episode as an old contact from her past. Garcia last appeared in the short-lived Fox drama Alcatraz from J.J. Abrams.

Jorge Garcia will join the previously announced Maggie Grace in the new season of Showtime’s Californication.

Grace has signed on to play Faith, a groupie who develops a relationship with Hank Moody (David Duchovny). Later, her fellow Lost costar Garcia will make an appearance in one episode as an old contact from her past. Garcia last appeared in the short-lived Fox drama Alcatraz from J.J. Abrams.

Production on the sixth season’s 12 episodes began last month. The show will return in early 2013.
MIB is really your Little Buddy!
JFWilder

Michael Emerson on a Woody Allen project???

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 pm

According to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334873/ Michael Emerson is working on a yet-unnamed Wood Allen project. Let's see someone get a scoop on this and beat DARKUFO on the details. Come on guys...get to work! :shock:
JFWilder

Harold Perrineau updates.

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Some more IMDB updates...this for Harold Perrineau (Michael).

2013 Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story (pre-production) :mrgreen: :?: :?:

2013 Snitch (post-production)

2012 Untitled Kathryn Bigelow Project (post-production)

2013 Sexy Evil Genius (completed)
JFWilder

Re: Where are our LOSTIES now? Cast Member News

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 am

I watched the "Sneak Attack" episode of Voyagers! last night and could have sworn I recognized Mark Pellegrino as one of the outlaws. I thought I was going to have to start a "Where were our LOSTIES then?" thread. But no, it wasn't him. He would only have been ~ 18 at the time and not an actor yet, according to IMDB.

In other news, I was not particularly impressed with that Lost book. It only went up to season 2, even though it was published during season 5??!! Interesting quote from it, though, regarding the "were they / were they not ever friends" issue between Fox and Monaghan:

"My first day on the set was with Matthew Fox and Dominic Monaghan. We had an instant connection, the three of us, and became instant buddies. We had an amazing time filming the pilot together and are very close." -- Evangeline Lilly
Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

Grimm Outlook Ahead for Lost Alum Mark Pellegrino

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm

I'll have to catch that episode of Voyagers - Sneak Attack---need to see if it's online somewhere....and interesting timing...here's some more news on Pellegrino....but first, here's what IMDB has to say about his PRE-LOST days:

Pellegrino starred as Rita's abusive ex-con former husband Paul on Showtime's Dexter; and later as Lucifer on Supernatural and as the mysterious near-immortal Jacob on ABC's Lost. He has appeared on the television series Northern Exposure, ER, Without a Trace, The X-Files, NYPD Blue, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and Knight Rider. He also is well known as the "Blond Thug" who stuffs The Dude's head down the toilet and drops his bowling ball, breaking the floor tile, in the cult film The Big Lebowski. :shock: (I had no idea on this and will now have to rewatch). IMDB goes on to note his role include LUCIFER in Supernatural....now that's another show I've tried watching on and off...more off than on.
mpellegrinoLucifer.jpg
mpellegrinoLucifer.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 9725 times

In March 2009, Pellegrino was cast on the ABC series Lost for an appearance in the final episode of the fifth season, to play the role of the mysterious Jacob. Although the press release for the episode refers to his character simply as "Man No. 1," the episode revealed that Pellegrino portrayed Jacob, a mysterious character pivotal to the show's plot.[1] On June 26, 2009 it was also announced that Pellegrino was cast in a recurring role as Lucifer in the 5th season of the CW series Supernatural.[citation needed] He is returning to continue the role for the 7th season. He portrayed the vampire "Bishop" in the SyFy horror series Being Human in the first season, and also reprises the role in season 2.

C/O TVLINE.com: After Lost’s Man in Black appeared on Grimm, it was only a matter of time before brother Jacob showed up.
mpellegrino.jpg
mpellegrino.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 9844 times

TVLine has learned exclusively that Mark Pellegrino, who played the mythological ABC series’ ageless island protector, will guest-star in the upcoming second season of NBC’s darker-side-of-fairy-tales drama.

Pellegrino will play Jarold Kempfer, one of Hank’s (Russell Hornsby) high school buddies whose daughter goes missing. Hank doesn’t know, though, that his old pal is also a coyotl, or coyote-like creature.

Pellegrino is the third Lostie to appear on the show; Titus Welliver portrayed Farley, a Grimm who had the ablity to change into a steinadler, and Daniel Roebuck played Lt. Orson, a Portland arson cop investigating fires linked to Silas Weir Mitchell’s Monroe.
JFWilder

Jorge Garcia Message to Aliens

Postby JFWilder on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Jorge Garcia is promoting the series Chasing Aliens. I'd post it here if there were a way, but the video is available here at DARK UFO:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2012/06/jor ... liens.html
JFWilder

Matthew Fox - Alex Cross Trailer

Postby JFWilder on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMVfoEegEuw

Alex Cross movie trailer with Matthew Fox.
JFWilder

William Mapother (Ethan) in FDR-American Badass

Postby JFWilder on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 am

Looks like William Mapother (Ethan Rom) is part of a trend of US Presidents taking on demonic forces (see the new Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer movie just out). He's in a lot this year acording to IMDB, but this one looks to be worth watching. :twisted:

Now we have FDR - American Badass: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/fdr-amer ... ie-review/

William plays Dr. Ellington in this thriller/chiller due out in September 2012. I can't wait!
The movie poster and one still below:
FDR1.jpg
FDR1.jpg (27.36 KiB) Viewed 9623 times

FDR.jpg
FDR.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 9624 times
JFWilder

Brett Cullen (Goodwin) in Red Dawn remake

Postby JFWilder on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:11 pm

No...he's not in the lead roles....LOST'S Brett Cullen (aka: Goodwin) has only a minor part as Tom Eckert...but at least this is evidence that our LOST minor character actors are out there doing what they do best. Looks like this time it's the North Koreans that are going up against our civilian militia. Thanks to IMDB and Beyond Hollywood for updates - HEY DARK UFO...scooped you on this one! SORRY!! :twisted:

Trailer can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_I4WgBf ... edded#t=0s

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... sch&itbs=1

reddawn.jpg
reddawn.jpg (41.11 KiB) Viewed 9615 times
JFWilder

Nestor Carbonell in Dark Knight Rises

Postby JFWilder on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Richard, What's Happening?

Nestor Carbonell (LOST's immortal Richard Alpert) appears in Batman-Dark Night Rises out in just about a week. Here are a couple of stills. Anyone going to see this one? I just can't stand the Batman gravel voice....so I think I will take a pass on this, given how much I really didn't like the last one either. :?

Nestor-Carbonell-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
Nestor-Carbonell-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg (37.58 KiB) Viewed 9621 times

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Nestor-Carbonell.jpg
The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Nestor-Carbonell.jpg (177.38 KiB) Viewed 9604 times

Blink and you'll miss a shot of Nestor Carbonell, reprising his role as Gotham mayor Anthony Garcia. Carbonell is better known as Lost's immortal Richard Alpert — and, intriguingly, also played Batmanuel on the live-action Tick series. It appears that Garcia is present at Bane's stadium explosion. Does he die? Catch another image of him and other movie images here:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... sch&itbs=1

Interview with Nestor here for role in original Dark Knight: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/th ... -carbonell
JFWilder

THE DAY - Starring Dominic Monaghan

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Looks like another movie coming out for another LOSTIE. Looks good.

Synopsis:
A group of five survivors, armed with shotguns, axes and machetes, wander the back roads of a ravaged landscape looking for refuge in The Day, a terrifying look into a post-apocalyptic future. As war ravages humanity, destroying civilization and most of life on earth, the survivors realize they must do whatever it takes to stay alive. Lost, starving, and exhausted, they seek shelter in a seemingly safe abandoned farmhouse. However, while searching for food and resources, they unwittingly set off a trap signaling to their ruthless predators lying in wait to begin their deadly attack. With food and ammunition dwindling, the group must make a desperate final stand—over a 24 hour period—battling for their ultimate survival.

THE DAY opens in theaters on AUGUST 29th!
TheDay.jpg
TheDay.jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
JFWilder

'Person Of Interest' Adds Ken Leung (Miles)

Postby JFWilder on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:42 pm

There will be a "Lost" reunion on "Person of Interest." "Lost" veterans Michael Emerson and Ken Leung will reunite on the CBS drama.
KenLeung.jpg
KenLeung.jpg (20.06 KiB) Viewed 9535 times

Margo Martindale will also guest star on the series starring Emerson and Jim Caviezel. CBS made the announcement on Twitter, but no details on their roles were revealed. This will mark the third time he's worked with Michael Emerson, counting the aforementioned ABC series and the first Saw movie.

Note to self: I need to start watching Person of Interest. :lol:
JFWilder

Re: Where are the LOST cast members now? Cast Member News

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 am

Person of Interest is a good show, but the 1st season was mostly a "victim of the week" type deal. They have only very slowly made revelations pertaining to the underlying mystery of Emerson's character.
Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:27 am

This just in:

Lost and V Alum Elizabeth Mitchell Joins NBC's Revolution

The Lost and V alum has joined the cast of NBC's new drama Revolution as a series regular, TVGuide.com has learned.

From Eric Kripke, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk, Revolution follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Mitchell will portray Rachel Matheson, the mother of Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Danny (Graham Rogers).

Andrea Roth was previously cast in the role before the producers decided to revamp her character. Mitchell's Rachel will appear on the series in flashbacks, whereas Roth appeared in present day.

Mitchell is best known for playing Juliet Burke, an Other, on Lost and FBI Agent Erica Evans on V. Her other credits include ER, Gia and Law & Order: SVU.

NBC's new drama — also starring Giancarlo Esposito, Billy Burke, David Lyons, Tim Guinee, JD Pardo, Zak Orth and Anna Lise Philips, whose character is expected to be phased out — will premiere Monday, Sept. 17 at 10/9c on NBC.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revolution- ... 49414.aspx

Even better news:

Revolution's Epic, Mystery-Filled Journey Will Actually Be Paid Off Quickly

It may sound like the next Lost or Terra Nova, but the makers of NBC's new epic drama Revolution promise that it will actually reward viewers who follow the intricate mysteries of a world without electricity where a rogue militia rules the land.

Revolution follows a group of characters — including Tracy Spiridakos, Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito — struggling to figure out how the literal power went out, how the survivors will work to turn it back on and who has the figurative power. This mythological series hails from two men who know their way around a good mystery: Supernatural's Eric Kripke and Lost's J.J. Abrams.

"I'm not a fan of endless mystery in storytelling," Kripke said. "I like solid, aggressive red-blooded storytelling. I like to know where the mythology is going. I like to get there in an exciting fast-paced way... and pay off mystery and reward the audiences' loyalty. You can answer questions and ask new ones."

Kripke and co-executive producer Jon Favreau, who also directed the pilot, were quick to point out that despite the large-scale and seemingly implausible storyline, Revolution's premise of an electricity-less Earth is entirely possible — a fact they even checked with a real physicist. They explained that any form of electricity, anything that carries a spark or electrical charge, has stopped working, therefore, no batteries, engines, etc. The origins of the loss of energy will be explained via flashbacks in each episode, which will explore what happened during the first days of the blackout and how people survived the event.

"It's a really compelling what-if," he said. "What would happen if we all live without electricity in this technologically over-extended world of ours? This epic journey is how can we save the world and get the lights back on. That's a part of it, but for me it's a really fun epic saga... It's intensely character driven... [with people] who are all just struggling to come together against incredible diversity." Added Favreau: "While there's an underlying mystery... we still want to make it about the people and the emotion."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revolution- ... 50422.aspx
Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

Postby JFWilder on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:08 am

Wow...Revolution looks pretty cool...and interesting if they can pull off this premise...since that would kill anybody with a pacemaker, etcetera...and some power is nuclear so how do you stop the atomic reaction or just take engine parts that were not assembled prior to whatever was the cause and put them together to solve some of the issues. After all, an engine is just a sum of its parts, and it it's not assembled yet, I don't see how it could be affected. Guess if there is a way to do this, I'd better park the car in a lead-lined cave. :idea: I just think too logically about this stuff...hope they have an answer....oh...there I go again wanting answers and the show's not even on yet. :lol:
JFWilder

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:43 pm

The plot sounds a little bit like S. M. Stirling's "Change" series, in which the explanation for the technological breakdown is not entirely scientific. I haven't read this yet, but I may look into it now.

http://www.amazon.com/Dies-Fire-A-Novel-Change/dp/0451460413/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1R6FV3Y8OS561&coliid=I2I083DGCDTO0C

It's also reminiscent of "Ill Wind." In this book, genetically engineered oil-eating microbes become airborne and eat anything made from petrochemicals.

http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Wind-Kevin-J-Anderson/dp/0765367114/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1343410392&sr=8-5&keywords=ill+wind
Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

The Hobbit - Evangeline Lilly is Warrior Elf

Postby JFWilder on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

I really don't know how I missed this one :oops: ...being both a LOST fan and a fan of all things Tolkien...but here's the poop I know so far.

The Hobbit is being split into two (now three since this was posted) rather large films but for this to work the screenwriters had to include other pieces of Tolkien lore and other small stories leading to new characters. One of those characters is being played by Evangeline Lilly (Lost, Real Steel). Not much was known about the female elf warrior until now. Lilly reveals to EW details of the elf warrior Tauriel and that she will end up with greater screen time in the second film Hobbit: There And Back Again.

HOBBIT_EVANGELINE-LILLY.jpg
HOBBIT_EVANGELINE-LILLY.jpg (57.94 KiB) Viewed 9495 times

“Yes, she is a warrior. She’s actually the head of the Elven guard. She’s the big shot in the army. So she knows how to wield any weapon, but the primary weapons that she uses are a bow and arrow and two daggers. And she’s lethal and deadly. You definitely wouldn’t want to be caught in a dark alley next to Tauriel.”
JFWilder

Re: LOST - Where are they now? Cast Member News

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

You missed one. Of course, I only caught it because I watch the show:

Falling Skies Preview: What Surprises Await the 2nd Mass in Charleston?

This Sunday at 9/8c, in the penultimate hour of Falling Skies Season 2, Tom, Anne, Weaver and the rest of the 2nd Mass arrive in Charleston, S.C. There, they have been told, hope lives on in the form of a small but reassembled U.S government. But what really awaits them?

For one, Tom (Noah Wyle) will come face to face with a former mentor, Arthur Manchester, played by Terry O’Quinn (Lost, Hawaii Five-0). In the end, though, will his be the face of a friend or unexpected foe?

“[Manchester] was a favorite history professor of Tom’s, which is kind of an odd coincidence…,” Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon tells TVLine. “But at the same time, it makes perfect sense. He’s done everything that Tom had hoped someone would do, which is try to recreate the United States out of the tatters that are left.”

That said, you don’t hire TV’s erstwhile Smoke Monster (and star of ABC’s upcoming spookfest 666 Park Avenue) to play any ordinary hero.

“What’s always interesting about a Terry O’Quinn performance, in my opinion, is that there’s always something else going on inside there,” Aubuchon notes, “and that’s not too different from what’s happening with this character. He’s not exactly as he appears to be.”

O’Quinn debuts in this Sunday’s episode of the TNT drama, and returns for the season finale airing Aug. 19.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/08/09/falling-sk ... n=referral
Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

Jorge Garcia in a few new flicks

Postby JFWilder on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks like Jorge Garcia is keeping busy now that Alcatraz tanked. He's in a couple movies in production now.

When We Were Pirates: Character is Jason
A tight-knit group of friends, bound together by their love for playing pirate, discover that a childhood promise "written in blood", gives them all they need to navigate the sometimes turbulent waters of life.
Spade.jpg
Spade.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 9461 times

Spade (a short): Playing Alfred
A murder investigation has landed Alfred in an interrogation room where to the surprise of a probing detective, he confesses to seven murders claiming the crown of "serial killer." The detective must determine if Alfred is bluffing, telling the truth, or simply insane. Spade is a study of self-absorbed alienation, exposing the psyche of a man obsessed with death and the absurdity of life.

Get a Job: Playing as Fernando (kinda ironic since he got canceled...needed a job...got one here)
A comedy centered around a recent college graduate, his friends, and their attempts to secure employment.

He's also got a guest shot on "once upon a time" coming up.
JFWilder

Yunjin Kim Updates - on Netflix in Korean flicks

Postby JFWilder on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Seems Yunjin Kim is working the Korean TV and movie circuit. My wife noticed her on Netflix in a Korean movie made in 2012. It's called The Neighbors. There's another two made 2010 called Harmony and Heartbeat...I think those are also on Netflix.
Yunjin.jpg
Yunjin.jpg (12.74 KiB) Viewed 9481 times

She's also working on a new TV series Mistresses (seems slated for 2013)...playing "Karen" and in Sleeping Dogs video game as a voice-over.
JFWilder

Re: LOST - Where are they now? Cast Member News

Postby Asst Dir Kendall 2.0 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

I was about to post the Ken Leung / Person Of Interest thing...but then saw you already had it. So that was a story with a long lead time...

In other news, Eric Lange was on Fringe 5-2, playing an Observer loyalist.

Also, my future wife, Emilie de Ravin, is back as Belle in Once Upon A Time.

Asst Dir Kendall 2.0

Previous

Return to LOST General Discussion