Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data/9/1/10/112/1499764/user/1613286/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 106
TimeLoopTheory Forum • View topic - My opinion on the Time Loop Theory

My opinion on the Time Loop Theory

Post here is you think the theory is completely bogus

My opinion on the Time Loop Theory

Postby locke_monster on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:40 pm

I tried reading the long drawn out 1st and 2nd iteration or whatever but it was pointless. I would say that I do not follow or agree with your theory. Basically I do not have it all figured out. To me there would be no reason for any of us fans watching the show to actually know what is going on. I do however have one theory that I do not completely understand myself but I have had this same theory since season 3 (4??) whenever Charlie died and the final season has done nothing to change it. I'm sorry also if others have posted this but I don't have time to read so I just don't know if other's see this also. Theory, "Charlie is Desmond and Penny's Son." Now what this means is not possible for me to describe but there is an unquestionable importance put on Desmond and Charlie's relationship not to mention Desmond and Penny's kid was named Charlie. I don't see it as a coincidence nor can I ignore the whole Widmore, Eloise, Faraday, time travel crap that would make this all possible.
locke_monster

Re: Time Loop Theory

Postby locke_monster on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:53 pm

I spent 10 minutes scanning this site and read the time loop theory with iteration comments etc... so I made my disclaimer. I also said I don't have time to read so it is what it is. Has my theory even been mentioned by anyone else???
locke_monster

Re: My opinion on the Time Loop Theory

Postby Libbyhyaline on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:36 am

I do think it's possible, and I do think it has been mentioned before, but I would lean a different way. I think because of the flashes Desmond did have a connection to Charlie, and Charlie's death saved Desmond's life and brought him and Penny back together. And because of that Desmond named his child after Charlie. (It's also possible they named their child after Charles Widmore but I think that's unlikely too.)

Then there's also the matter of Charlie's family. Charlie Hume was 3 on the boat with Penny and Des wasn't he? So there's the matter of getting Charlie Hume away from Penny, and to his other family his father (Simon?) and brother, Liam, and other mother. I think Charlie would have known he was adopted, and may or may not have recognized Desmond, at least somewhat. I don't know. I just don't see them going this direction. But maybe.
LOCKE: "Does any of this look familiar from when you were coming back?"
SAWYER “Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf. How could I forget this place?"
Libbyhyaline

Return to Rebuttals