Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /data/9/1/10/112/1499764/user/1613286/htdocs/forum/common.php on line 106
TimeLoopTheory Forum • View topic - Season 6, Episode 17, "The End" - Main Discussion

Season 6, Episode 17, "The End" - Main Discussion

Discuss individual episodes as they air

Re: Season 6, Episode 17, "The End" - Main Discussion

Postby Andrea on Mon May 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Wow!

So it is over. I just watched it.

What can I say? I liked it. I like the idea of the island being real (when we all had ideas like Limbo, Elysium fields and our beloved purgatory :lol: ) and the sideways being the "afterlife". That was a good idea and the finale was well done.

Except one thing that made my close my eyes because this was the thing I always feared: They really took off with a Boeing on a too short, sandy and obstacled runway. :evil: :evil: :evil: I am really upset!!! They are luckes that they did this in the finale for if it happened before that would have been the one and only reason for me to STOP watching! Seriously! :evil:

The episode was very emotional and it brought me to tears. I liked Hurley as the island protector in the end.

But speaking about the whole show I am a bit disappointed to be honest. I left my judgement for after the finale and now it came. I didn't expect too much, really, but I wonder where was the point in season three, season four and season five ? :?
This finale makes me want to rewatch season 1 and 6, maybe season 2......but it doesn't make me want to rewatch the whole show. And I haven't got the feeling that I should start immediately. It took away the myth of the show.

But I post here because I am not willing to rant about the ending for I accept what they did. And Jack's death scene was just simply beautiful!
They did a good job and it was an amazing ride for the last six years. Thank you Darlton! ;)
Andrea

Postby Lost4Life on Mon May 24, 2010 2:25 pm

After reading numerous posts today on and off this forum I think people are getting to locked into the purgatory stuff....and the time of the characters deaths.
There are still so many things to think about......
Here are some more items to ponder. "For every action there is a reaction"
Juliet sent the message that it worked......
When the bomb detonated in 1977, it changed everything....it did work
The church at the end was the same church that they met Eloise Hawking in before they returned to the Island.....
The Island was always on its own time, in its own dimension....possibly a parallel universe "I'll see you in another life, brother"
The pendulum in the church was able to detect when the Island was going to re-enter the current universe, remember the Island was always there but not always available.
The flash sideways was how life was now that the bomb went off in 1977.
People make choices, each choice takes them on a different path in their own scheme of life.
The flash sideways had mostly everyone's back story in place but it was one decision the led to another decision that changed their fates, Sawyer...a cop instead on a con but Kate was still a fugitive.
Why were Jin and Sun not married, he worked for her dad....but one decision changed that course of "Fate"
The crossing over was remembering a life that once was in a parallel universe, like lost souls or soul mates.
Are they all dead now?.....does it really matter?
Lost4Life

Postby Andrea on Mon May 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Frozenpinky wrote:I find it interesting (read: “hypocritical”) that people can't even question the finale in this MAIN DISCUSSION thread, as if questioning the finale means we are anti-season 6. Yet, pro-season-6 people can post in the “VENT” thread

I think questioning is ok, I did this already. So what?

Is there a war coming? :lol:
Andrea

Postby Erinfm on Mon May 24, 2010 6:59 pm

A few lingering questions. Does anyone know what Chatlie's tatoo said?
What are peoples thoughts about the exchange between Eliose & Desmond. What did he mean when he said Daniel wasn't coming with them? Why didn't Daniel and Charolette have more of a "moment" when the flashed & remembered everything?
Erinfm

Postby JFWilder on Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Frozenpinky wrote:Here's a chance to make $50:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2971&p=17926#p17926

Prove "lee1" wrong and win my money

I can't....glad I didn't have any money on this! :lol: I'm 100% with lee1
MIB is really your Little Buddy!
JFWilder

Postby gbarl on Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 am

bbz - that's what I thought too. The point of the show is to help the viewer transcend their rational logical mind. It's a six year process, but it works!

But seriously - nobody has any idea what the red spot on Jack's neck means?
gbarl

Postby Andrea on Tue May 25, 2010 1:52 am

gbarl wrote:bbz - that's what I thought too. The point of the show is to help the viewer transcend their rational logical mind. It's a six year process, but it works!

But seriously - nobody has any idea what the red spot on Jack's neck means?

I thought it was the wound of MIB's special knife that "bleeded through". Maybe that's why the knife was so special, it could make the link to the afterlife.
Andrea

Postby donut on Tue May 25, 2010 3:34 am

i have to admit i am really upset about the finale.

like andrea said it makes season 2-5 needless. only 1 and the last episodes of 6 counts.

i remember when people make fun about the purgatory story after season 1 because it would be to obvious for the plot. and now it ends with this :lol: :x

the writers had always this plot in mind. maybe they only wrote one season with a end (prugatory) and the rest season 2,3,4,5 was just some stretching attempts because lost makes money.

very said indeed.

the last 15 minutes of lost where very touching with kate and jack huging and chatting and sitting in the church with a nice smile beore the white light came up.............but for what.

why the button (108 minutes)?
polar bears?
donkey wheel?
numbers?
island?
time travel=nano second =hillarious!
what about ben waking up in tunesia.?

their are so many things unanswered.

the entire series revealed as a joke
donut

Postby adgec on Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 am

This is my theory. It plugs quite a few of the plot holes, and I'm sure you will agree it is pretty spot on...

That light was Jesus. When they pulled the plug, they pulled the plug on Jesus which would have let the whole Island get sucked into Hell. MIB then lost his special powers (until Jack put the green crystal from Krypton back in), which is how Lois Lane managed to shoot him. With Jesus plugged back into the main power lines, all was ok again.

Jacob was an angel, and Hurley and Ben became angels at the end, helping Lost souls on the island that doesn’t exist.
Walt was actually an incarnation of Satan and was trying to create a portal between Hell and Heaven from where he was going to unleash vampire polar bears onto the world. He was attempting to gather his horde in the desert, where nobody lives, prior to launching his cunning attack. He recruited a load of lost souls and formed the Dharma institute to help with his satanic aims. The clue is in the name d-HARM-a, with the D and A standing for Desert Assault.

When the Angel Jacob dropped his brother down Jesus’ hole, he fell into Jesus. Jesus sucked out his soul and then essentially ‘farted’ it back out as a Jesus Fart Monster. It could kill anyone who had failed the test for redemption. It basically tidied up people who had failed by either sending their souls to Hell, or forcing them to end up roaming the Island forever as a dead soul.

Clare and Sayid were punished more on the island, and were turned by the Jesus Fart, because they had been baddest in the real world, and so had harsher tests (Torturer and Baby Seller/Australian – Sayid was tortured and Clare had her baby stolen/was forced to live in The Bush).

Jim Robinson was also a lost soul, who was trying to be reunited with Scott and Lucy’s mum, who died when Lucy was young. What they didn’t show was at the back of the church Jim being reunited with his long lost wife, his mum-in-law Helen Daniels and Bouncer, who the Losties had mistakenly called Vincent. I think Daphne may also have been there with Jo Mangle’s wife! It was definitely Bouncer though. Vincent is a stupid name for a dog. It’s like calling your dog Barry or Dave!

‘Time travel’ was possible on the Island as time didn’t physically exist. Ancient Egyptian lost souls had discovered this and built the wheel and various other things to manipulate the metaphysical island, and it’s links with Purgatory. Only people who had passed the test could actually return to purgatory via Plane, Submarine, Boat OR ‘dying’ on the island by any means except the smoke monster (or committing suicide selfishly – both game over for your soul). You couldn’t die otherwise – the Island wouldn’t let you.

The Island constructs ‘tests’ based around people’s past experiences and memories, hence Hurley’s numbers being in there, Locke’s father, etc. The Island is actually ‘St Peter’ from the bible, letting people in/out of Heaven. The real name of the island is St Peter’s Island, and that was who the big statue was of. If you translate the hieroglyphics, they all say things like ‘St Peter’s Island’ or St Peter’s Place, or ‘Heaven’s Gate’ etc. I know because I translated them with my own eyes.

Once tests are passed and people get to ‘Purgatory’ they are essentially waiting to pass through to Heaven, where the free beer and hookers are. Ben had to wait as he still hadn’t done enough angel-ling to make up for all his badness during his life and testing on the Island. Locke forgiving him probably knocked a few hundred years off his wait though. He may also have been waiting for someone else from the Island to join him? Maybe he got a new ‘daughter’ that he didn’t kill this time around.

Michael totally failed. Not only was his son actually a version of Satan, but he murdered and betrayed people in a selfish attempt to leave the island. (Note: Not all these people are lost souls. Some are just ‘AI’ contructs to help with the tests. They spawn fairly randomly.) Michael remains as one of the whispering dead souls in the woods.

Rose was the Oracle and Bernard was The One, but they played a passive part in this version of the Lost Souls construct.

Mr Eko did look like his soul would be saved, but his conversion back to Catholicism did for him. God does NOT like child molesters.
He was doing fine up until he found his religion again, the fool.

Just to clear things up. Penny was also dead, but in purgatory trying to find Desmond. There is some degree of interaction between purgatory and St Peter’s Island, but I’m not going to explain the metaphysical concepts here, as quite frankly, you wouldn’t understand them. That is all you need to know.

When Charlie wrote NOT PENNYS BOAT on his hand, he was actually writing TAOB SYN NEP TON, but the fool forgot to write it backwards! ‘Taob Syn Nep Ton’ is Ancient Egyptian for Your Sins Kill You, which was a cryptic message to Desmond that in order to escape, he had to be good.

I think that about covers everything.
adgec

Postby JFWilder on Tue May 25, 2010 8:54 am

Adgec..you are B R I L L I A N T!!!! I now fully understand the whole island thing...that's so much more clarity than Cuse and Lindelof could have given. ;)

I am content...happy...fulfilled. If you write a new show for ABC, I will surely watch it! :D Oh...and when you decided to leave out some details...I totally forgive you...it's so understandable.
JFWilder

Postby Not-Pennys-Boat on Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

I had no idea my username would become so poignant... or did I...

Nice post, particularly like the Jesus fart monster.
Not-Pennys-Boat

Postby adgec on Tue May 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Good point BMan! I will post to those other places to bring enlightenment to more confused Losties.
adgec

Postby Andrea on Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 am

Yeah I noticed the stain glass window, too. I think they wanted to point out with this that the show is not about relifion at all. And if someone sees religion in it then it doesn't matter which religion he/she believes in. They wanted to reach everyone in the world.
That's what I took from the window. For the last thing that we really need is an ugly discussion about which religion is the best. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrea

Postby Andrea on Sat May 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Frozenpinky wrote:
Andrea wrote:Yeah I noticed the stain glass window, too. I think they wanted to point out with this that the show is not about relifion at all.

It was 100% about religion

In both rooms, there was different religious artifacts and images on shelves, the wall and on the stained glass. Six DIFFERENT religious symbols: the star and crescent of (Islam), the Star of David (Judaism), the Aum (Hinduism), , the cross (Christianity), the Dharmacakra (Buddhism) and the Yin/Yang disk (Taoism).

I think if they didnt want it to be about religion, then they wouldnt show RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS of SIX DIFFERENT FAITHS.

They even made it a point to have the stained glass window as the main focus. I take that to mean it's about EVERY religion. in other words, they're not singling one over the other. It's about the joining of all the different types of people that were on the island together. So, unfortunately, it is 100% about religion.

Yeah, maybe you should have read my whole posting.

I wanted to say that it wasn't about one specific religion, because some religions believe in reincarnation, some in heaven and hell, some in another afterlife......LOST has shown that this is something else. It is about what each one of us believes, not necessarily according to a religion.

But everybody can take the ending as he/she likes, for I am sure that there are many ways of interpretation and not only one "right one".
Andrea

Postby JFWilder on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm right there with you. I think the reason MOST forums on this show dropped off the planet is because we all feel the same way. Pheh.....Cuse and Lindolf will RUE THE DAY they run into me (not that they ever would in reality). I'd smack them both with a giant and stinky fish.

Anyway, I am reading...surely there are others. I'm waiting to see if Cuse and Lindelof come out of hiding (aka: Radio Silence) to see what they have to say about the friggin' mess they created in the end. The hoopla is gone, the media blitz being gone with it, and people are just plain empty from everyone I've talked to. Those that "got" the ending probably watch regular network shows and were satisfied by that mind numbing crap...those who wanted depth didn't get any...it just kept on getting fluffier and fluffier....and more dumbed down.

I really hate the cheap cop-out that religion (regardless of which) can be the salvation to everyone. I am into SCIENCE and bit big on that here. I loved this show for being that daring, and hate it equally for copping out. Should I ever watch again, I will stop after Ab Aeterno. That was the last decent episode...of a rather mundane season. I could not and will not watch the finale again. Sorry to rant on the "for it" discussion...but it's quiet enough in here that I don't think anyone else would care. I'm starting a new thread "FROM NOW ON" that we can keep all conversations relevant for those of us who are still out there....still want more....still want to slap the producers with fish. I may bribe the guys at the Seattle Fish Market in Pike Place to do it since that's about the most likely place those dudes may go that I know has a giant fish all ready and rearing to go. :lol:

KEEP THE SCIENCE FAITH>
JFWilder

Postby thewhiterabbit on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 am

Yeah but 7 is not a lost number they would of needed 8...s1 had 23 epis S4 had what 15 S5 had 16. i like the luck angle but there are 6 numbers 6 candidates 6 seasons....ha 666
If i could go back in time i would rewrite LOST...
thewhiterabbit

Previous

Return to Episode Discussions